October 4, 2021, 2:00 a.m.- Multiple calls were received by South Metro Fire Rescue's Dispatch Center that black smoke was visible coming from a home's garage near S.Jordan Road and S. Broncos Pkwy. Homeowners had working smoke detectors and did the right thing by evacuating the home and keeping doors closed as they exited. This helped to contain the fire and smoke in the garage. Local members isolated the fire to a trash container and extinguished the fire before it could grow and extend into the home. No injuries were reported. SMFR's Fire Marshal's Office will handle the fire investigation.